Thursday, February 24, 2011

Casting

This is the part where I contact my casting director and tell her to find me some A-List celebrities to make my movie great. Insert Picture of Great Actor Below:

Oh wait, that costs money. Let's see how this really works.

After creating the script, I can now create a casting breakdown. This includes a bio of each character, age, nationality, race, shoe size, favorite color, favorite food to eat, gum to chew, hobbies on the weekend, whatever. Anything you want potential actors to know for auditions/submissions, you put in the breakdown.

For a low budget project like this, you have to find creative ways to get good actors. After exhausting all your connections, and butchering all friendships by forcing people to be in your movie (you know who you are), you go to the glorious internet.

Online are many useful, FREE casting websites in which you enter your breakdowns and then offer a date/time for casting calls.

How good are these websites you ask? I'll let you know in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment