Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dreams, etc.

"Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.” - Sigmund Freud

Met with an actor this week to discuss "The Devil's Forest." What I learned most from it was this...finish editing the script! As helpful as it was to talk about the script, it's a lot better when it's not a one sided conversation. The entire time we sat there, I only wished he had already read the script. Hopefully, I sparked an interest in the stories I told him.

The meeting also made me want to have a reading of the script ASAP to hear how the dialogue sounds when actually spoken as opposed to how it sounds in my head.

However, the discussion did lead me to have a dream about the film. I did not have an opening for "The Devil's Forest" that I was happy with...until this week. It's good to know my film is in my subconscious. Not only did it give me an idea for the opening, but also for the beginning credits sequence too.

Hoping to have my script out to my initial readers next week as long as the joyous festivities of Halloween don't interfere too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment